The Dean’s Sport Day, which falls on the 28th of April 2011, belongs to the traditional events at the Faculty of Science. All students and employees have an opportunity to do a sport of their interest on that day. You can take part in many competitions both for teams and individuals or you can just go for a lecture of some interesting sport. The event is going to take place mainly at the Hostivař Sports Centre (SCUK Hostivař, Bruslařská 10).
What is it like? See some photos of some sports in the previous years: 2010 — swimming race, baseball, football and more; 2009 — night orienteering; 2008 — tennis, aerobic and more; the gallery of the Department of Physical Education.
Links to more information (in Czech only): on the faculty website, complete program with all contacts for signing up — in pdf, website of the night orienteering, poster of the night orienteering — in pdf
Detailed program in English (shortened translation of the program in pdf):
27th of April 2011
1. The Dean’s Sport Day (Děkanský sportovní den) 2011 will be started at the Hostivař Sports Centre at 3 pm on the 27th of April in the afternoon, when the Dean of the Faculty of Science, prof. Bohuslav Gaš, will award sport scholarships. An Academic Aerobic Show and five lectures of different sports (Zumba, Cardio Hip Hop, Dance AE, Body Balance and PowerYoga) will take place after the opening ceremony until 9 pm. Sign up for the lectures is required.
28th of April 2011
2. Climbing on the climbing wall at Ruzyně from 8:00 to 11:00 am.
3. Canoing on the river Sázava — departure at 8:30 am from the faculty’s shipyard Regata in Podolí. Sign up until the 20th of April. Fee CZK 200,-.
4. Walk in Průhonice park (3-4 hours with a Czech guide) and hiking from there to Hostivař. Meeting point at 9:30 in front of the park.
5. Floorball competition in inflatable hall at SCUK Hostivař from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm. Teams of 4+1, at least one woman on the field. Sign up until the 26th of April.
6. Volleyball competition on the volleyball courts at Albertov from 9:15 am. The team should have 6 members, at least 2 women on the field. Sign up until the 27th of April. Fee CZK 10,- per person.
7. Softball on the softball field of SCUK from 10:00 am. Foregoing sign up isn’t necessary.
8. Football (soccer) tournament on the football field of SCUK from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Sign up (team name, name of the captain) until the 25th of April.
9. Tennis tournament on the tennis courts of SCUK from 11:00 am. Sign up until the 27th of April.
10. PowerYoga at SCUK, hall A1 from 9:00 am.
11. Strength training at Posilovna SCUK from 10:00 am to 12:00.
12. Aerobic at SCUK, hall A1 from 11:00 am.
13. Aqua-aerobic at SCUK swimming pool from 12:00.
14. Swimming — team competition at SCUK swimming pool from 12:30 — unconventional relay multicontest 4 x 25 m, teams of 4 members, 2 men + 2 women.
15. Golf at golf course Hodkovičky — entrance under Branický most (bridge) from 2:00 pm, students from 3:00 pm. Equipment and instructor will be provided.
16. Table tennis — individual tournament at table tennis room at SCUK from 4:00 pm. Sign up until the 27th of April.
17. „After Party“ at SCUK from 6 pm to midnight. Performance of student music bands, campfire, refreshment.
18. Night orienteering — race of mixed couples. Start at entrance hall of SCUK from 7:00 pm to 8 :00 pm. Sign up until the 26th of April. Fee CZK 100,- per couple, late registration CZK 150,-. More information on the website and on the poster (both in Czech). Bring compass and torch. The race will start after dark.
The Dean’s Sport Day will be terminated at midnight by announcement of the results of the orienteering.
If you are interested in any of the activities, please contact the appropriate person listed in the pdf program.